Liver Disease Stem Cell Treatments
Liver Disease Stem Cell Treatment: Liver disease is any disturbance of liver function that causes illness. The liver is responsible for many critical functions within the body and should it become diseased or injured, the loss of those functions can cause significant damage to the body. Liver disease is also referred to as a hepatic disease.
Stem Cell Therapy for Liver Disease
The liver plays a very important role in many of our bodily functions from protein production and blood clotting to cholesterol, glucose (sugar), and iron metabolism.
What causes liver disease?
Many diseases and conditions can affect the liver, for example, certain drugs like excessive amounts of acetaminophen, and acetaminophen combination medications like Vicodin and Norco, as well as statins, cirrhosis, alcohol abuse, hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E, infectious mononucleosis (Epstein Barr virus), nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NASH), and iron overload (hemochromatosis).
What are the signs and symptoms of liver disease?
Symptoms of liver diseases include weakness and fatigue, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, and yellow discoloration of the skin (jaundice).
Types of Liver Disease
Alcohol-related liver disease: regularly drinking too much alcohol
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: being very overweight (obese) – this may cause fat to build up in the liver
Hepatitis: catching a viral infection, regularly drinking too much alcohol
Primary biliary cirrhosis: may be caused by a problem with the immune system
Liver Cirrhosis, also known as liver cirrhosis or hepatic cirrhosis, is a condition in which the liver does not function properly due to long-term damage. This damage is characterized by the replacement of normal liver tissue by scar tissue. Typically, the disease develops slowly over months or years.
Beneficial Actions of Stem Cells for Liver Disease
- Protect and prevent remaining hepatocytes from dying (apoptosis)
- Promote healthy liver cell function
- Transform into hepatocytes
- Secrete growth factors and cytokines to promote liver repair
- Regulating of the immune system (immunomodulation)
- Reduce inflammation (anti-inflammatory)
- Reduce scare formation
- Induce autophagic activity
- Encourage existing cells to self-repair (autocrine effect)
- Encourage existing cells to adapt (plasticity)
Results Achieved with Stem Cell Treatment:
- Improved Liver function parameters
- Significant decrease inflammatory markers such as C-Reactive Protein
- Reduced water retention
- Removal of Jaundice
- Abdominal pain and swelling reduction
- Swelling in the legs and ankles reduced
- Itchy skin subsides
- Urine colour and output improvements
- Reduced levels of Chronic fatigue